MAGIC Trade Show S/S2014

This was my first time attending the MAGIC trade show Las Vegas and when I say I was very taken aback, it would be an understatement. I attended as a student with the Art Institute. I didn't expect to see as many vendors there! Granted I knew SOMEWHAT of what to expect, but my expectations were surpassed, tremendously! First, you have MAGIC itself, hosted by WWD (Women's wear daily). They had kiosk, if you will, with laptops so one could "shop the floor" by going online to shopthefloor.com to see what it was they were seeing on the floor ahead of time as well as pointing vendors in the right directions as to who or what they wanted to see first. As a student, I expected to do more observing than interacting just because the vendors there are meant to sell a lot of merchandise and business is business. But some vendors surprised me with their knowledge. Like Chinese Laundry shoes! I was surprised when one of the reps chimed in on my conversation about a shoe is bought last MARCH and knew the name of style just by hearing my description to friends. The seminars were really good too. I got a chance to go to the Marketing seminar, done by a CEO of a marketing firm and a upcoming trends seminar. Both very insightful. Then I went to Project. COMPLETELY different environment! Those were the street wear and trendy vendors. My group was completely overdressed, feeling like freshman a on a first day of school because we were told to dress business casual and seen something different for that portion. Project was my favorite! The difference in vendor etiquette was obvious; MAGIC vendors were more open to speak to students/more tolerable whereas at Project we knew not to ask most vendors questions by their reactions when we approached, so we walked along, getting more and more excited per booth! Inside of Project there was ENK and Pool and initially I thought they were all the same. I even remember them as one event, but they were different and I enjoyed them as well. On the last day, we seen Tents and the menswear was CRAZY!! Everything was so impeccable from the tent itself (having been well air conditioned might I add) to the carpet and displays that adorned the floors! All in all, it was an AMAZING experience! My marketing professors plans to take us again in February, per our request lol. This time, I will blog section by section so as not to be so long. And I will be prepared! Here are a few pics. I chose not to show as much  clothing out of respect for the vendors and the hard work they put into those amazing booths. 

Comments

Popular Posts